The Research, Analysis and Intelligence team leads, manages and oversees Maritime NZ’s intelligence and research programmes, data and analytics and geospatial capability. We are seeking two new Analysts to help us drive our data strategy, identifying patterns, trends and themes supporting Maritime NZ’s intelligence-led and risk focused approach.
We are well on our way to creating a well-connected and stream-lined data environment and have two Data Analyst roles to help get us there. We work with a diverse range of datasets from across our functional areas and reporting requirements. We are looking for an enthusiastic Analysts who have the capability to assimilate new information quickly and identify next steps regarding the quality, coding and classification required, as well as the systems, frameworks and processes to generate future analysis.
As someone who is passionate about data you will thrive in an environment which offers a range of work including building and working with both bespoke and regular datasets. You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, and be keen to develop and share your expertise both within our team and with our wider organisation, presenting our data in interesting and engaging ways.
What you’ll bring to this role
· Previous experience in an analytical role, including the ability to analyse a range of data and information and give accurate advice based on analysis.
· Proven ability to improve data quality through systematic assessment, recommendations for improvement and implementation of recommendations.
· Understands the importance of ensuring that data is fit for purpose.
· An ability to develop logical coding and classification systems where these do not exist, or apply or modify existing systems to make them fit for purpose.
· Ready ability to use computer systems to extract, analyse and present information and data.
· Experience in designing, maintaining and improving databases.
· Good numerical, business writing and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information clearly, concisely and in plain English.
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team in a consultative and collaborative manner as well as autonomously.
· Ability to be forward thinking, mentally agile, flexible and innovative in approach and be comfortable working with change.
At Maritime NZ we value our staff, our success as an organisation is underpinned by our people.
We are committed to building a diverse and motivated workforce. We think Maritime New Zealand is a great place to work and our staff are great people to work with.
Please apply on-line directly through the Maritime NZ website by going to Careers with Us. Here you can upload your CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For any other enquiries please contact Jo Attewell on email@example.com.
Applications for this role close on Friday 29th January 2021.
Please note that you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.