This is an exciting opportunity available for an experienced finance officer to join our Finance Property and Procurement team on a permanent, full time basis.
Maritime New Zealand is the regulatory compliance and response agency for the safety, security and environmental protection of New Zealand’s coastal and inland waterways. It helps to develop and maintain the national safety, security and environmental protection regulations that govern the operation of vessels, ports and offshore installations in New Zealand waters.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Finance Officer to join our Finance Property Procurement Team . Reporting to the Manager Financial Operations you will be responsible for the timely processing and administration of employee and supplier expenses including accounts payable, credit cards, performing and following regular internal audit checks of the expenses, and responding to and resolving internal and external queries.
Ideally you will have:
· Experience in Purchase Card Management and operating accounts payable processes including Automated Invoice Processing system
· High level understanding of fraud controls, sensitive spend, public sector probity and other best practice risk management frameworks
· Excellent problem solving skills in technology and finance system AIP applications
· Demonstrated strength in customer service and relationship management
· Strong Excel spread sheeting skills
Previous experience in FMIS Solomon and PBS is preferred, but not essential.
To view to position description, please see: www.mnz.govt.nz/about/careers To apply for this role, please complete the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for this role.
Interviews for this role are planned to take place during the last week of January 2020
Applications close: 19 January 2020